COORDINARE - Initial Assessment and Referral – Decision Support Tool (IAR-DST) for Mental Healthcare
06:00 pm 5th December 2023
The IAR-DST is an initiative of the Australian Department of Health. The IAR provides a standardised, evidence-based and objective approach to assist with mental health care recommendations. The IAR assists General Practitioners (GPs) and other clinicians to determine the most appropriate level of care for a person seeking mental health support.
The Initial Assessment and Referral - Decision Support Tool (IAR - DST) for mental healthcare provides a standardised, evidence-based and objective approach to assist GPs and other clinicians to determine the most appropriate level of care for a person seeking mental health support. COORDINARE - SE NSW PHN will be delivering training on the use of the tool.
Speaker: Paul Lillyman - COORDINARE SE NSW PHN - Project Manager - IAR • Primary Care Development Team
- Introduction to the IAR
- Initial Assessment Domains and the Levels of Care
- Introduction to the Decision Support Tool
- Using the Decision Support Tool
- Practical activity
- Check-in/Check back, supported decision making, care preferences & care type
- Overview of adaptations for different population groups
Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Training is designed for the health workforce involved in the mental health assessment and referral process including GPs, GP Registrars, other clinicians, intake teams, mental health commissioned providers and service providers.
CPD: This is an RACGP and ACRRM approved CPD activity
GP’S WILL RECEIVE A $300 (GST EXCL.) REMUNERATION PAYMENT FOR TRAINING COMPLETION (see note).
NOTE: Payment is not available to other medical staff or clinicians. Not available for GPs working in Commonwealth funded services (e.g. Adult Mental Health Centres, Aboriginal Medical Centres) unless training is completed outside of paid employment. Please email email@example.com for further information.
- Wednesday 6th December | 12:00pm - 2:00pm - Register Here
- Tuesday 12th December | 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Register Here
- Monday 18th December | 12:00pm - 2:00pm - Register Here
- Tuesday 19th December | 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Register Here
- Tuesday 30th December | 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Register Here
- Tuesday 23rd January 2024 | 6:00pm - 8:00pm - Register Here
Book event here