Diversity Training – Silver Rainbow Awareness Training | Nowra
09:00 am 6th October 2023
Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training promotes cultural competency providing safe and inclusive care for older LGBTI people.
Facilitated by Stride, the free training will run from 9-1pm.
Silver Rainbow Training outcomes include:
- explore the diversity of human experience and evolving concepts of sex, gender and sexuality
- gain confidence in the use of language and terminologies around LGBTI people and communities
- understand heteronormativity, cisgenderism and unconscious bias
- considerations when working with older LGTBI+ people
- working in a value’s fair way
- understanding and reflecting on historical discrimination, stigma, and prejudice.
- what is intersectionality and the cycle of invisibility
- the impacts of trauma and negative attitudes on health
- long term effects of gender affirming hormone therapy
- HIV awareness
- awareness and understanding of elder abuse
- considerations for aged care staff and diversity framework action plans
- advanced decision making and care planning
- identify and develop ways to enhance workplace inclusive practice and policy
- moving forward following training, supports, local connections and networks.
Target audience: Free training open to all staff that work in a primary care setting (GPs, Practice Nurses, Practice Managers, Practice Admin) within SE NSW PHN or one of our commissioned providers.
Book event here