National HIV Nursing | Complex Management Webinar
07:30 pm 5th October 2023
Directed at nurses with experience working in HIV, this webinar will focus on HIV and hepatitis B and C co-infection.
Kirsty Owen (Sexual health and BBV nurse, Melbourne Sexual Health Centre) will discuss the nurses’ role in monitoring and caring for people living with HIV and hepatitis B and C co-infection, including identifying risk factors and key consideration for treatment and monitoring. This session will include a presentation and case studies.
Time : 7:30pm – 8:30pm (AEDT)
- Describe the epidemiology of Hepatitis B and C and risk factors for acquisition.
- Identify risk factors for advanced liver disease and when to seek specialist clinical support.
- Discuss key considerations for Hepatitis treatment and monitoring in PLHIV.
- Explain role of the HIV nurse in supporting engagement in Hepatitis treatment and ongoing monitoring.
Target Audience: Nurses with experience working in HIV.
Accreditation & Endorsement:
- Endorsed by ASHHNA and ACNP. This webinar is worth 1 ACNP CPD hour.
- This training supported by an unconditional education grant from Gilead.
Sponsorship is governed by ASHM’s Sponsorship Policy and the sponsor has no input into the content, tone, emphasis, allocation of funds or selection of recipients. ASHM does not endorse or promote any sponsor’s product or service.
Please click here to download the flyer.