Eating disorders: free online module and other resources
The InsideOut Institute is offering GPs and primary care practitioners free access to The Essentials: Training Clinicians in Eating Disorders, an online training module to support the management of patients with eating disorders.
The module is normally priced at $280. Training is endorsed by ACCRM and supported by the RACGP. It is the only online learning to satisfy the national Eating Disorders Collaborative Care Competency Framework for clinician training.
To register, email your LHD Eating Disorders Coordinator:
- Illawarra-Shoalhaven LHD — Vanessa Allen email@example.com
- Southern NSW LHD — Monique Perkins firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the range of health professional modules and resources offered by the InsideOut Institute, click here.
InsideOut has also commenced development of a Clinical Decision Support Tool and an evidence-based eTherapy toolkit which are expected to be completed in 2021. For further information, please contact National Project Manager, Peta Marks at email@example.com.
Eating Disorders MBS items
- from November 2019, 64 new items were announced for the preparation of an eating disorder treatment and management plan and provision of specialist, psychological and dietetic services
- an MBS factsheet summarising the items can be found here
- a table showing the relevant temporary MBS COVID-19 items can be found here.