Winter strategy: supporting practices to manage influenza
COORDINARE recently announced more than $170,000 in funding to support 11 general practices in leading heightened quality and intensity of care for patients who are at a high risk of being unstable, very unwell or admitted to hospital during the 2019 flu season.
All local general practices were invited to submit an expression of interest and we congratulate those who have been selected for funding, including:
- Kiama Medical Practice
- Ulladulla Endoscopy and Medical Centre
- Brindabella Family Practice (Queanbeyan)
- Queen Street Medical Practice (Moruya)
- Equilibrium Healthcare (Helensburgh)
- Junction Street Family Practice (Nowra)
- Meroo Street Family Practice (Bomaderry)
- Gerringong Family Medical Practice
- Sapphire Coast Medical Practice (Bega)
- Sapphire Clinic (Merimbula)
- Windang Beach Family Medical Practice (Windang).
Find out more here.
COORDINARE will continue to support general practices not involved in this project. A resource kit has been developed to help general practices to keep prevention and management of influenza a priority over the season.
It can be accessed here and includes links to the NSW Health vaccination program, resources for consumers, resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as well COORDINARE's data quality initiative (Sentinel Practices Data Source Project) and other quality improvement tools.
Your Health Coordination Consultant (HCC) can also provide further information on:
- Sentinel Practices Data Source Project (SPDS) and how your practice can identify patients who are eligible or due for the flu vaccine, and also those at high risk of influenza
- Quality Improvement (QI) Recipes which have been developed to assist general practice to support and enhance patient care. Practices can choose from eight QI recipes including management of chronic disease and multiple medications.
You can contact your HCC on 1300 069 002.