Localised clinical and referral information
HealthPathways is an online information website for local health services. These services are jointly developed by general practitioners, specialists and other primary health care providers. This collaboration is key to its success, both for practitioners and their patients.
HealthPathways is available to all health professionals within ACT and Southern NSW. It is primarily designed for primary care practitioners including GPs, practice nurses and other practice staff, but is also available for medical specialists and other health professionals for use within their scope of practice.
The portal is not designed to be used by patients or the general community. However, there will be information available on the portal that can be provided to patients during a consultation. Watch this short introduction video to learn more about ACT and Southern NSW HealthPathways.
The benefits of using HealthPathways are:
- more patients getting the right treatment or specialist care with reduced waiting time
- clinician-agreed pathways both into and out of the public health system
- support with information on appropriate referral and pre-referral work up
- improved quality and appropriateness of referrals
- local adaption of evidence-based health care and supporting resources
- more appropriate use of inpatient, outpatient and community services
- more relevant educational resources for patients available to clinicians
- clinician engagement in identifying system problems and solutions.
Health practitioners are encouraged to participate in the development and refinement of their local HealthPathways in the following ways:
- join clinical working groups on HealthPathways topics of interest or areas of specialty. Teams work collaboratively to determine optimum patient care processes, register your interest via email.
- provide feedback on the HealthPathways site using the 'send feedback' tab (far right corner of each pathway) about the content and/or service information.
- register your special interest to be included on the General Practice Colleague Referrals page to accept one-off GP Colleague Referrals in Southern NSW.
If you are a GP, medical specialist, nurse, allied health or other health care practitioner who would like to suggest a clinical area or condition for a new pathway, please contact our HealthPathways team on 1300 069 002 or via email.
The following videos outline who we are, what we do, and why you should get involved. They also explore the unique partnership between COORDINARE, Southern NSW LHD, ACT Health and Capital Health Network:
- An introduction to ACT and Southern NSW HealthPathways
- ACT and Southern NSW HealthPathways at a glance
- Integrating our health services
- A guide to SME review
To view the latest ACT and Southern NSW HealthPathways news and updates, useful websites, and resources go to the home page.
- Dr Corin Miller – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Diane Bowden RN – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Erika Jaensch – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Emma Freeman – SNSW Clinical Editor
- Dr Janet Watterson – SNSW Clinical Lead
- Dr Emma Cunningham – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Gina Smith – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Kate Molinari – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Louise Kenyon – ACT Clinical Lead
- Dr Morgan Sheridan – ACT Clinical Editor
- Dr Wee-sian Woon – ACT Clinical Editor